A well planted pond

oldmarine

Married 32 years
Reaction score
I just wanted to take the liberty to comment on some of the pictures that I have seen posted at this forum. Outstanding, I wasn't originally aware how important it is to create or decorate a pond with live plants for fish in a man made pond.

Since started to plant as many plants in and around my pond the fish have changed their overall sense of feeling at home, and seem to be much at ease with their suroundings. What I'm trying to say is the pond as a whole looks more natural for me and the fish, and it has eye appeal. I'm trying to think like a fish and had to try to imgaine what would make them feel more at home in my pond v.s. living in their natural habitat.

So far, they seem to be quite content, and so am I.

oldmarine

Married 32 years
Reaction score
Good one........., I have hot tub about fifteen feet from my pond. Now I can sit and watch the fish and frogs from my own pond. Kinda like my own little oasis in my back yard. :frown: ;)

oldmarine

Married 32 years
Reaction score
Last night I got home from working on some friends proprty. I was stiff & sore so I turned off all of the back yard lights, dawned my clothes, and jumped into the home tub. The air was about 40 degrees F, the sky was clear, and I could se and hear my water flowing in my pond. It realy makes one enjoy a back yard oasis of their own.

Ask a Question