JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Another year has come and gone at my pond before I had even realized it started. I've taken hundreds, if not thousands of photos of my pond and surrounding garden over the year and I thought I'd share some of my favorite photos taken this year.

April 22 - Marsh Marigold blooming in my pond
IMG_7062 copy2.jpg

May 30 - Blue-eyed Grass shadows
IMG_8824 copy.jpg

May 31 - Fly on Blue Flag Iris
IMG_8879 copy3.jpg

June 1 - Blue Flag Iris blooming in my bog
IMG_8966 copy2.jpg

June 30 - Ducklings hatched
IMG_9841 copy.jpg

July 3 - Dragonfly on Liatris
IMG_9943 copy.jpg

July 7 - Dragonfly with a fly in it's mouth. I didn't see the fly when I took the photo.
IMG_0191 copy1.jpg

July 11 - One of my favorite waterlily shots.
IMG_0319 copy1.jpg

July 25 - My favorite frog photo, ever!
IMG_0903 copy1.jpg

August 16 - Monarch on Orange Milkweed
IMG_1489 copy1.jpg

August 25 - Water droplets on lily pad.
IMG_1832 copy1.jpg

August 27 - Monarch caterpillar at edge of pond.
IMG_1911 copy1.jpg

November 6 - Horsetail in the bog
IMG_0641 copy.jpg

I can hardly wait for what I might get to capture in 2017! With expanse of my native garden this year as well as the conversion of my pond area to native garden, I'm hoping to see even more wildlife activity throughout next year.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Nice! I need to do better in organizing photos, can never find the one I want...................

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I love your photos! I am a big fan of the small details - I love taking the big pictures photos, too, but the intricate, close up things really captivate me. Thanks for sharing!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Now I just need to learn to delete the photos that I'll never use and that'll make things easier.

I try to go through my pictures as I upload them and keep only the best one or two. Doing it later is brutal! I used a program called PowerPhotos last year when I realized my photo collection had grown into the thousands - it identifies duplicates by date and helps a bit with the organizational process. It still takes your eyes and decision making, though.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I try to go through my pictures as I upload them and keep only the best one or two. Doing it later is brutal!
The only problem with that is, I often find photos I like months after I originally passed them over. If I deleted them right away, I would lose many that I'd later find to be nice. In fact, that first dragonfly photo was ignored by me until just a few days ago. It's not my best dragonfly photo, but I'd hate to think I deleted it.

Amazing photos. Can you comment on what selection of lenses you are using?
I use a point-and-shoot. Canon PowerShot SX160 IS

Ask a Question