Above ground stock tank

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone using a large stock tank for pond?. 1st year for me. Ugly but worked. Putting it away for winter. Fish in basement. Next Spring turning it wirh long side to garage. Covering the sides with stacked stone. Plants. Spitter. Should blend in with sitting area better. Anyone else have ideas?. Oh yeah a hose on the drain!

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
How large? 100gal- 300gal. I have both that I have used for koi sales, short term only. Have also had 2 of the 100s crack during winter. They were elevated above ground.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy
I used a 100 litres stock tank this season, full outside ground and with bricks around to hide. Tomorrow ill send pic

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone using a large stock tank for pond?. 1st year for me. Ugly but worked. Putting it away for winter. Fish in basement. Next Spring turning it wirh long side to garage. Covering the sides with stacked stone. Plants. Spitter. Should blend in with sitting area better. Anyone else have ideas?. Oh yeah a hose on the drain!
I've only had them indoors. Why not make an inground pond your spring project? You could use the stock tank for bog filtration.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy
I used a 100 litres stock tank this season, full outside ground and with bricks around to hide. Tomorrow ill send pic
if need more, ill make tomorrow with light

Attachments

• 20211004_153237.jpg
    20211004_153237.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 40
Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks for replies. Yard is small. I'm a bit past the age for digging and all that work. Just looking to disguise it. 100 gallon tank. My goldfish are pretty content in it.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I plan to use a 4ft round one for a combo floating water garden/vortex pre-filter for my pond. It will have water hyacinth floating on top. Because my wife is not fond of the look of a water trough in our yard, I also plan to line it with stack stones leaving a small gap that I can turn into a planter. When cleaning it out, I can run a drain hose down hill to the garden.

When you get yours setup, come back with pictures.

Ask a Question