Accidental toxins in my fish pond

Reaction score
Country
United States
I accidentally use the filter out of our swimming pool in my fish pond because they are the same filters anyway the filter I used had algaecide residue on it from where I put it in the pool two days ago I put the filter in my Pawn and this morning I had foam floating around on top of my pond and I lost 9 fish and they're all pretty special to me I still have 16 one fancy tailed goldfish Chinese goldfish or whatever it's called he's swimming upside down I'm trying to save him I'm at loss I really screwed up is there anything I can neutralize what residue might be left I done a 75% water change with dechlorinated chemicals from Walmart I just don't want to lose any more like this anybody help me is there anything I can do anything that might be left in the water one other thing on the bottle of algaecide I put in my swimming pool it specifically said toxic to fish do not use in aquariums

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi. I'm sorry about your fish. I would recommend to take them out until you can get the pond water back to normal.

Ask a Question