Add Base to Fountain Pump?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
As you may have seen, I just started up a new pond. I'll try to upload the photos and post them under a different thread. I'm using a Laguna Powerjet 3000 with a fountain attachment. The problem is setting it up.

It took me a while to set it so it was pointing straight up in the middle. It would be much easier to have a wider, heavier base, so when I put it in, it just goes right to pointing straight up. I need something pretty flat that's around 8"x8", that won't cut the liner if it falls over and drags on the liner.

I was thinking a flat rock, but the edges make me nervious. Has anybody done this and with what?

HTH

Howard
Reaction score
PowerJets.gif

Use a plate just as you mentioned and silicone the pump base to it. Maybe a heavy glazed tile.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Glad I asked, I wasn't even thinking of something like that. I'll have to check the stores for black plates. Unless it breaks, the liner should be safe.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I've used 8x8 or 12x12 concrete patio slabs, placed upside-down. Never had any problems with them.
John

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Thanks. I haven't had a chance to look for anything yet. The pumps been staying where I placed it for 3 days now.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Mmathis said:
Could always cut a piece of left-over liner to place underneath.
I put left over liner under any heavy item that goes into the pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
I never cut the liner, just folded any excess under the edge strip. If I did, I would definetly save it after hearing the suggestions. Previously I would have just thought to throw the scraps away.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I keep all my left over liner, over time I use it up. There is always something to use it for.
Right now some good size scraps are making the waterfall for the new shubbie to be pond.

Ask a Question