Added to og post

DenniMac

Dogs, Cattle, Horses, Cats, & Fish? (Oh My)!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
11b (approx)., N Ca., Napa County Area
Country
United States
We’ve had some “feeder goldfish” in a 70 g tank for 7 years, & they’re now huge! I bought a 550 g “Tuff Stuff” stock tank to make an outdoor pond, but I filled it with water, & one side bowed out a lot. What can I do to fix this issue? (No fish in it yet)! Thanks, Denni

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Well, you could bury the pond so that the ground supports the sides. You could attempt to reinforce it with brick or wood. You could fill it with less water.

You could also contact the manufacturer/retailer and find out if there's anything they can do. It sounds like it's not a very good product if it's bowing out under the proper water pressure. It might be that your product is simply defective, or there are special instructions that have to be observed.

DenniMac

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Thanks for your quick reply! I have 3 Border Collies who are wateraholics, so it has to be above ground. (I may have overfilled it)!

IPA

Reaction score
63b Chesapeake-Pamlico Lowlands and Tidal Marshes
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Is the container returnable? I did a Google image search for “above ground pond” some neat ideas out there. Most built from wood and pond liner and probably cost about the same or less than the container you purchased.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I would indeed contact the manufacturer - sounds like a defect. The tank is designed to be full of water - overfilling shouldn't even be possible... unless the water is running over the side!

DenniMac

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Is the container returnable? I did a Google image search for “above ground pond” some neat ideas out there. Most built from wood and pond liner and probably cost about the same or less than the container you purchased.

Unfortunately, since I’d seen other ponds made from the exact same containers, I assumed it would work! (You know what they say about “assuming” right)? lol. I also primed it, & bought some copper paint to use on the outside, (at least I haven’t painted it yet). Thanks for the suggestions, I appreciate it! I saw a new suggestion that I call the manufacture, which I’ll try next!
Denni

DenniMac

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I would indeed contact the manufacturer - sounds like a defect. The tank is designed to be full of water - overfilling shouldn't even be possible... unless the water is running over the side!

You’re right, I’ll call them after the holiday weekend. Thanks for your nice reply, I really hope you’re right!
Denni

Ask a Question