Adding a new bubbler to a container pond

Leslie

Life is short, love one another
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
It stays shaded for the most part. And yes, I plan on removing some of the plant growth . Thank you for the tips everyone. This is a learning process for me. I kind of inherited this little water garden when I bought this house, I never really thought of having one but now that I do, I love it. I just want to do what's best for the fish. I used to have a small indoor aquarium years ago but that's much different I think. I'm going to work on it today and get it all fixed up.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a ish!
Country
United Kingdom
Show us a pic of the finished pond! Maybe a miniature water lily would be nice to have as it can provide shade but not take up vital exercise space for the inhabitants? Just a suggestion.

Leslie

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Ok, so I had to use a different container. The original was so old and brittle the bottom cracked when I tried to put the new plug in. The new one is a little bigger and I removed some of the plant growth but the fish still have room to hide underneath it. They like to do that. I added some bigger rocks and kind of formed a couple of caves for them too. Anyway, In my original post I said I wanted to add a bubbler but what I meant was a fountain I suppose, which I did and the fish love it. They are having a glorious time swimming every inch of their new home.
IMG_0304.JPG

Leslie

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Ok, since moving the fish to their new home, they are comets by the way, I've noticed spawning behavior. It's October, is this normal? It is still very warm here, supposed to be near 90 degrees Fahrenheit today. Also a small frog has moved in, is it possible that he's there to eat the eggs?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Mine have finally stopped chasing, but our water is now 56 F . I read they spawn based on temperature.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
That is why I love my fat fantails ,less spawning and if you hand feed them they get used to you and swim into your hand for a belly rub .But mine are getting bigger and are a handful rub :);)

Ask a Question