Adding a waterfall and bog day one

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Hello everyone. Today I started my spring renovation. I have a big pond that is just a hole in the ground. I am going to take the time this year to add a small waterfall and bog system. I have some pictures that I would like to share as I work over the next few weeks. I hope everyone is doing well and I look forward to hearing from everyone.

Rob

Attachments

• DSC02920.JPG
    DSC02920.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 381
  • DSC02920.JPG
    DSC02920.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 345
  • DSC02958.JPG
    DSC02958.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 378

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Keep the updates coming! That will be neat

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Update. I managed to put some small holes in my liner. The back liner, behind the waterfall, stayed full all night while the larger portion of the pond emptied over night. 6 inches of water and a bunch of fish looking up at me wondering what was going on. I figured it was a plumbing problem but I was wrong. You know how you have to trouble shoot these things. I filled the pond up again and once again the pond emptied over night. I pulled back the linger and found two large tunnels in the sand. The water found its way out and percolated a few feet back. Bog and waterfall put on back burner for now. No fish were lost so I just need to reevaluate my plans for this project.

Ask a Question