Adding water to pond

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I saw somewhere an attachment you can put on the end of your garden hose to make sure the water that you are replenishing your pond with is chlorine free. Does anyone know of this product and its name?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I wonder if you could use a well filter type canister thing they use inline for a well for that also .I use one on my hose when I fill the pond and it has a charcoal filter in it .I have a whole house filter but figure since this was on the water feed line and was taken off to put the big filtering system in why waste it and added it to the end of the hose to filter the water more as it goes into the pond when it is low .I just turn the hose on to a slow flow and use the charcoal filter in it

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Provided its after everything as the water is returned to the pond that may just work.
As you have read they are actually different forms of a carbon filter but get muck in them I've an idea they may block very quickly, did you note the little red knobs along the top ?
Those are for gassing off air when you start running water through them.
I would also bring it in during the winter month because they do freeze if left out .
Your next problem would be sourcing them in the US but I'm sure they must use them in the koi world so a little bit of internet surfing may be involved so happy hunting.......
rgrds
Dave

Ask a Question