Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
addy1 submitted a new Showcase Item:

Addy1's ponds

The year 2010, for our first anniversary, my ear sweet husband bought me a tractor, front end loader, back hoe.

So of course that meant to me, dig a pond, get rid of all of those hard to mow hills. I have had ponds in every house I have owned. From tiny first pond, a mountain stream pond, a large phoenix pond. Now back in maryland, started with one large pond, a 85 foot stream with 4 ponds, now 4 years later have around 10.

Photos will come slowly

Read more about this showcase item here...

Reaction score
Hi I love your pond and the fact that you can see it on the web. Mine is currently covered in snow and ice too. I would like to put mine an the internet too. Do you need to have a static IP address with Myq-see software?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I happened to marry someone that also enjoys nature, ponds and understood, I need to keep busy..............well the pond build was beyond busy. Now though it is just a tweak here a tweak there. NO MORE ponds being added which I have been saying since the last two I added. Just love the wildlife it brings to a yard.

Imagine the picture you see being nothing but grass, and I mean nothing but grass, that was the beginning. I will load more pics once we get home, they are all on a back up hard drive.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
addy1 updated Addy1's ponds

The year 2010, for our first anniversary, my ear sweet husband bought me a tractor, front end loader, back hoe.

So of course that meant to me, dig a pond, get rid of all of those hard to mow hills. I have had ponds in every house I have owned. From tiny first pond, a mountain stream pond, a large phoenix pond. Now back in maryland, started with one large pond, a 85 foot stream with 4 ponds, now 4 years later have around 10.

Photos will come slowly

View updates to this showcase item...

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You and that tractor make a great team.............well uh yes and your wonderful hubby Mark too :)
I love your humongous pond addy and all the beauty that is in it and surrounds it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
What a wonderful gift! My sweet husband got me an impact driver and hammer drill for Christmas. It's good to have hubby's who know what girls like :)

Wonderful pond as always. Your pond has always been an inspiration for me.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
When I moved across country honey was sort of asking why are we hauling all these tools, bolts, screws, etc. Sort of said love me love my tools. I would be lost without them.
He has since realized I love my tools...........all of them. Sold a few things I should have hung onto, but we hauled two tractor loads 2300 miles to move me, including boxes of rocks.
The only reason we have a pond is that tractor he bought me. frederick is clay and shale can't even put in a normal plant without a pick.

pond maven

Deede
Reaction score
Country
United States
Wow, Chris! It's been years since I was there to see your build in person and it looks fantastic. Still working on my little one here in VA. After having my 5000 gal in Maryland, this little one here is doing the job making me happy. Always happily working even when it's frozen.:)

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hey there long time no see typing! One of these days I will update this lame showcase of my ponds. Just never have the time.

I was wondering how you were doing

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I need to update, this thread eventually, way way behind.

Ask a Question