Adhesive?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi.

I have flat rock lip/spillway. Water pumps from pond into upper pool and spills out over lip/spillway back into pond. I want to extend the rock lip/spillway by attaching another piece of flat rock to it. Any suggestions for an adhesive that will work for that? My initial try using LOCTITE PL500 Landscape Block Adhesive worked for a few hours then failed (rock in pond) But had it worked, it was doing what I wanted it to do.

Mike

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I take it the existing lip rock is wet and 98% of adhesives won't bond to wet. Marine epoxy that's used for gluing live corals and live rock together works even under water. I would also think about some rods. get some stainless steel rods and drill pin into both rocks to help the adhesive do it's job.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi.

I have flat rock lip/spillway. Water pumps from pond into upper pool and spills out over lip/spillway back into pond. I want to extend the rock lip/spillway by attaching another piece of flat rock to it. Any suggestions for an adhesive that will work for that? My initial try using LOCTITE PL500 Landscape Block Adhesive worked for a few hours then failed (rock in pond) But had it worked, it was doing what I wanted it to do.

Mike
I have used Bob Smith CA underwater aquarium glue. Not sure how big your rock is but this glue works well and can be applied in wet conditions. It works great for coral frags and hose repairs under water. A small rock should be ok too. Clean the area of algae and clean the rock first. Sometimes Walmart carries the stuff. http://www.bsi-inc.com/hobby/ic_gel.html.
Stephen

Last edited:

Ask a Question