Advice, sick fish!!

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Got a sick one, in fact he has been on the bottom of the pond for the last month, everytime i go to fish him out, he swims away!!!

This last week tho, he has been caught in the pump and has had half his rear fin chewed of!

I got him in the net today for a look, he is still alive, just!

So, do i do the kind thing and pull him out or do i leave him,

Hate the thought of doing that but will if its the right thing to do!!!

Cheers Guys

Cole

Attachments

• SAM_0120.jpg
    SAM_0120.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 339
Reaction score
Thanks guys as normal. kind of guessed it didnt look good for him, thanks for the link Stroppy, sounds like the kindest thing to do!!

Koiguy, "Dropsy"??????

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
People, if you have no experience in this, please do not give opinions.
This is Dropsy...
I had one that was this far advanced.
If you put him into a hospital tank and treat him with omoxicillin or tetracycline, you might be able to save him.
That is what I did for mine and in less than 24 hours after treating, he went from upside down to swimming. Several days later, all the swelling was gone and after 10 days I put him back into the pond.
With cold weather, you are going to have to warm the water to give the meds a chance to work.

stroppy

stroppy
Reaction score
i was only posting the kindest thing would be to euthanize the fish .. it would be very difficult to save him with the water being so cold ..unless it was kept in the warm untill spring, but even then fish dont like being on there own, and spring is a long way off ...

Ask a Question