Advice wanted re Filter Positioning please

Reaction score
I would appreciate help with my pond please. Its a mature pond and been working well for 5 years especially since I replaced the filter a year ago, but now I want to landscape the flower bed by it and so want to move the filter closer to the end of the pond, however, Im not sure if there is a recommended hose length or anything I need to be aware of.

Ive loaded pics of the end of the pond and a closeup to show that Id like to move the filter so it is buried next to the pond edge bricks. Ive also enclosed one of the pond in full with the filter on the right

Any guidance really gratefully recieved

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_1905crop.jpg
    IMG_1905crop.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_1906crop.jpg
    IMG_1906crop.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_1909crop.jpg
    IMG_1909crop.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 349

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You will be making the hose shorter, so it should not make any difference. That will look nice moving it closer.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Very Nice looking pond you have there.
Should be no problem moving it closer or further , dont make the hoses any smaller, no kinks and your good to go

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Nice pond! Love the water feature, that is cool! I sat there looking and the ideas were rolling. So many options! I'll be intrested to see what you come up with, Lots of potential!
The first thing that popped into my head was a cover for the equipment with a water fall wall dropping into that end of the pond. Not real a water fall but a flat wall that matches or blends into the rest of the tile. Water would come down the wall like over on the rock.
Like Dr. case said, bringing it closer won't hurt anything, just try not to make sharp turns with the flex tubing. You can semi bury the unit as well, It will help insulate the filter when the temps are dipping down but not hard frezzing.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Love that huge rock! Is it a real rock?

Reaction score
Thank you all - yes it is a real rock (we inherited the pond when we moved in but apparently it was craned in over! the house) sorry meant to add yes the rock has a hole through the middle and so it is a fountain as well as a feature and no fish - we have a cat who is too good at catching frogs let alone fish!

But it has loads of wildlife in there including frogs (whats left of them) and a newt or 2.

Thanks for the help re the filter - i know what my job is this weekend now! Should be good.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
How so very neat, love that rock. Take a picture of the fountain part

Ask a Question