Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I had a leak on my pond and lost quite a bit of water.
may question is would it be ok to fill it back up with the hose pipe if I add the tap safe before starting.
I don’t want to be getting the fish out to do it.
thanks .
Gordo

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome Gordo!
Yes. I suggest slowly filling the pond over hours not minutes. You don't have to fill it all on the same day either. And as you mentioned, add chlorine/chloramine neutralizer a little at a time over the filling period. An eye dropper works well for this.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome Gordo!
Yes. I suggest slowly filling the pond over hours not minutes. You don't have to fill it all on the same day either. And as you mentioned, add chlorine/chloramine neutralizer a little at a time over the filling period. An eye dropper works well for this.
[/QUOTE
Welcome Gordo!
Thank you Stephen.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome!

Like he said a nice slow fill and you should be fine.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi all. I had a leak on my pond and lost quite a bit of water.
may question is would it be ok to fill it back up with the hose pipe if I add the tap safe before starting.
I don’t want to be getting the fish out to do it.
thanks .
Gordo
So I used to fill 5 gallon buckets with water and put the exact of declor in and let it sit for 24 hours to work properly. I always had at least 5 orange buckets full of water at any given time by our backyard and my wife was never happy. I have a new larger pond. It would take forever to add the typical 100-200 gallons I need to add by using 5 gallon buckets so I just run the hose right into it making as mush splashing as I can and I keep adding declor as needed. I think one bottle for every 500-600 gallons. It seems the work fine this way.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I'm bad with dechlorinating and I have not lost a fish to illness in many years. even the new pond I only lost one he was found in a crevis toward the top right side up but in ice.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
We don't dechlorinate either for top offs. Of course it depends on the water volume that you're dealing with, but we've never had an issue.

Ask a Question