Advise on 4" blocks

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
Canada
Looking for advise on 16x8x4 blocks. I have a line on some of these blocks for a good price but unsure if it will work for me. I am planning on building an approximate 10'x12' pond 4' to 6' deep. The catch is that it will be on a slope and will have a 6' high section with little back fill except rocks to make it match the yard retaining walls. The blocks are notched so I can place horizontal reinforcing rods every layer. I also plan to use a liner inside the blocks so cracks do not become an issue.
.cinderblock.jpeg

Here is a photo of the area I am looking to build. The far end would be slightly above grade .
IMG_2261.jpg

Last edited:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Just read this. Sorry your post was missed. I have not used bricks or blocks in any of my builds. But @RobAmy
is a great stone Mason. Maybe he can help you.

I would think using the blocks with reinforcing rods would work.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
The blocks you show are not very good for what you are describing, even with reinforcement. I would go with a minimum for 12" in depth, the block you have are only 4" depth. I would use rebar vertically into footings. Block wire is a good idea too for a 6ft high retaining wall.

Ask a Question