sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Thing is the felt is supposed to keep some moisture and fine dirt from getting in and not sure about why they have decided to do away with it .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I see that all the time these days .They don't make anything that lasts

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I had a weed eater that needed a part and because it was 15 years old I could not find the part .Had to buy new .I tried everything to fix it because it worked so great but no luck .Used to be they made things to last a lifetime ,now a lifetime is 5 years if you are lucky

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
And, drum roll, please...

View attachment 99249

Just heard back from Aquascape.... and this is their answer...

"Thanks for contacting us. The unit doesn't have an intake vent because it is doesn't have an air tight seal on the housing. Enough air gets in to allow it to preform properly. Have a great week!"

So I guess the seam between the bottom and top allows the air to flow in.

Now, I can rest after finding the answer to this great mystery! View attachment 99250

And, all is right in the world again.......
Not to rock your world again. But what if Aquascape has a proprietary design that they would just assume keep secret? Competition is fierce!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
now next question for u to think is what if the fine opening gets blocked from dust and carbon ? will it slow down?
i had one with small hole and sponge in it , when i removed the sponge after it was clogged , the pump was performing way better so that means air has some particles that can block any fine passage with time

Reaction score
The older units look to have the intake directly out of the housing thus needing the filter disc. Since the newer ones have intake inside the housing, the company probably feels there will be less dust, debris, moisture getting in through the tighter clearances of the housing lips thus no need for a filter although it is a good point, what if the housing openings get clogged....one can only assume.

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I wonder if that is why they tell you the pump should be located indoors in a dust free area...which is kind of insane unless you want to drill 2 holes through the wall for the air hoses, and show me a house that is dust free. I put mine on a shelf I made and located it on the back of the header under my deck. I have Tuftex Under Deck Ceiling Panel installed to keep under my deck dry, and I also cut a plastic bucket in half so the pump has a rounded ceiling and walls further protecting it. It won't get wet, but dust is another thing. We'll see...the size and price were right, and it has good reviews.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
you build so build a little house for it .I use my little house I built for mine for the aerator and other things for the pond .

Ask a Question