Aerator

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all. I have a 125g small pond.. I had 2 goldfish in there but ended up putting 2 more golds from my bottom pond in there as well. 2 are maybe 3 inches the other 2 are about 5 inches. I have a fountain but it's small so I decided to get an aerator. But now that I have the aerator I am worried it could be too much oxygen. Is that possible...this aerator has 2 stones...should I just use one of the stones. I could always stick second one in the bottom pond?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
There's no such thing as "too much oxygen". Well, wait. Technically that's not true... what I meant was - your aerator is blowing AIR, not OXYGEN. You can't put too much air in a pond. Now you may find too much turbulence is not pleasant for your fish, is hard on your plants, or will just seem out of balance with the size of the pond. You don't want it to look like a bubbling cauldron.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks Lisa! Good to know! I hope some air will make them happier. Even with the plants I didnt feel like the fountain was enough.

Maybe I'll turn it into bubbling cauldron for halloween!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Mine is a bubbling cauldron all Summer and then I turn it off in Winter. Fish love swimming through it!

IMG_9273.JPG

IMG_9275.JPG

Ask a Question