Aerators is there a thing as too much air?

shellena

I can always figure out how to figure it out!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b 9a. Or 8a 9b
Country
United States
i was wondering if a person can have too much air in their ponds?
Also I tend to move mine around and think maybe I may have dislodge fri eggs? I have only found two fri. I have several ponds , two ponds about 500 gals each have 15 goldfish and ??? Between them. Any info please and thank you.
P.s anyone else adding ice blocks to smaller ponds?? ( like 20 and 30 gal sizes )

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
I don't see how pure O2 could be even a bad thing.
I just installed my air pump today. Fish seem a lot more lively already which is a great relieve, they were kinda mopey before.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Since water will hold only a certain level of Oxygen at any given temperature, there is no such thing as too much aeration, including pure O2, if you are referring to affecting water quality. It is possible to have a level of aeration that would be disturbing to the fish and destructive to the plants.

shellena

I can always figure out how to figure it out!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b 9a. Or 8a 9b
Country
United States
Since water will hold only a certain level of Oxygen at any given temperature, there is no such thing as too much aeration, including pure O2, if you are referring to affecting water quality. It is possible to have a level of aeration that would be disturbing to the fish and destructive to the plants.
i have kept some places that are calm so my fish can relax if they choose to. i figured with the rising temperatures it would be best to aerate the water. thank you everyone for your answers.

Ask a Question