Aerators

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
Has anyone had experience with this aerator from pond solution. Seems expensive but the compressor can be used outside.

Attachments

• 4B99FE80-FDFB-4423-A847-C42C9E1BC010.jpeg
    4B99FE80-FDFB-4423-A847-C42C9E1BC010.jpeg
    85.3 KB · Views: 217

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I just use laguna and built a little house for mine .You don't post how strong it is and how deep it goes and no name or cost .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
Pond Aeration Kit For Ponds Up To 3,000 Gallons - Weighted Tubing
$437.84
These super quiet, energy efficient aerators operates for only pennies a day, can run for 5-8 years with minimal maintenance and can be used outdoors. Kit includes: compressor, 15 of weighted tubing and air diffuser. 3 year manufacturers warranty on compressor, 5 years on tubing and diffuser. For ponds from 1500 3000 gallons. 115 volt compressor draws 25 watts. Maximum .8CFM at maximum 6 depth.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Whoa! That's pricey! I thought the one we got last year was a lot and it was $130 ( I think). We did have to buy weighted line - I don't know why they don't all come with weighted tubing.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I use the Airmax KoiAir1 Water Garden Aeration Kit, Single Plate. I have been very pleased with it. I use the compressor outside also. Just cover the top of it with a 1/2 log. I paid $199. I have never used the one you posted.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Does this compressor have diaphragms or pistons? I think the piston type are more expensive and used in larger ponds, I've heard they are quiet. My aerators both have diaphragms and I replace them every couple years to be on the safe side.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
Teflon coated piston air pump manufactured until recently by Medo. They just recently changed their name to Nitto Kohki. They make air pumps for industrial uses, septic tanks and of course koi ponds. Last a long time, quiet but expensive.

Reaction score
Country
United States
The question is whether you really need aeration in addition to your filtration system. I would take a wait and see given this is your first year with that beautiful pond. That is unless you desire the aesthetics of bubbling water. In that case, go for it. I have no experience with that specific pump. I think our community might have had Medo brand pumps for aerating the lakes and they were 'bullet proof' lasting for years.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
Thanks Stephen, my desire to get a pump is more about getting all the ever needed wiring incorporated in the build so adding stuff later isn’t a chore. So I will probably wait on food pump but get a “cheap” one now so I can run the weighted lines and find a place to put the pump.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
aeration never hurts a pond .I have air stones in both my filters and mostly ignore my pond .Hubby feeds the fish as I don't even have time for that .I bought a cheap one from petco and my neighbor is still using it to this day .It only had 4 ports but it worked for what I needed at the time .I have a laguna one now and it has 12 ports

Ask a Question