Aerators

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
I have two aerators going 24/7 since last fall. My question is, Do I need to keep them running all Spring and Summer? I also have two waterfalls and two skimmers so the water is very turbid. All those bubbles make it hard for the fish to see bugs and since I have a LOTof clay (Virginia) in the water the turbidity is causing zero visibility. Not to mention my electric bill

JRS

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Did you add the aerators for a reason? I would think with two waterfalls you would be good unless there are other issues.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I run an aerator 24/7 year round. I have a big one and a small one....use the big one in hot months and smaller one the rest of the year. I have large adult koi.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I use mine 24/7 in Summer and off the rest of the year. We get cold here so I don't want the volcano (mine produces lots of action) pushing cold water all around in Winter. I leave my water fall running all year long tho for some circulation and to keep a hole open if we get ice.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Did you add the aerators for a reason? I would think with two waterfalls you would be good unless there are other issues.
I added the aerators for winter to make sure the ice ,(if we get any) stays open since I turn off the waterfalls and the skimmers for the winter.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I like that my aerator moves gunk around off the bottom so the filters can suck it up easier. I just turned it on a bit ago and now I see my filter on the pond edge needs cleaning because everything was stirred up.

Ask a Question