Affordable Good Quality Pond Liner?

UkiahTheTurtle

Tiny Little goldfish pond
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Does anyone know of a reasonably priced pond liner that is good quality. I am digging a filter less pond an just want some tips for cheap pond liner.

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Epdm or hdrpe aren’t that expensive, there are cheaper products, although imo there is no point in trying to do something cheap that is the whole foundation of the pond. As you will be rebuilding with in a year or two with the cheaper options.

UkiahTheTurtle

Tiny Little goldfish pond
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Epdm or hdrpe aren’t that expensive, there are cheaper products, although imo there is no point in trying to do something cheap that is the whole foundation of the pond. As you will be rebuilding with in a year or two with the cheaper options.
I know I don’t want to exactly use something cheap just something affordable

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
justliners is reasonable as well as fantastic customer service if you want epdm

others will chime in for hdrpe

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I will second what GBBUDD said about Justliners. I had an order this Spring for two liners and two underlayments. Ordering online and delivery was prompt. They make it clear to you about being prepared about the delivery and getting off the truck, its a private delivery service so no guarantee of a lift gate. My order was about 450lbs, my little kubota with pallet forks was just barely able to get it off. Of course if you have a smaller liner not as big an issue.
Cost is definitely a concern but like prior comments you do want quality for something so important to the pond. Reality is that it is a niche product so these companies cannot put them on sale very often, they just do not have the volume of sales to do that.
Same thing with ordering a pump you can save money upfront going with a submersible but they do not last as long as an external pump and cost more to run. Again thanks to GBBUDD on pointing that out, basically he is good at spending other people's money, lol, but the advice is spot on.
While those items are pricey I look at the fact I am saving on labor by doing it myself plus I am using stone from my yard which is a big savings, it all balances out in the end.

Ask a Question