sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
all my gutters have extensions that lead them away from my house by at least 50 to 60 feet .But on small lots with lots of houses the water really has no place to go .I have never had water in my basement ,yet others here have because the gutters dump right next to the foundations and they have the land but do nothing about it

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
@texmaster We are getting dumped on right now in NWLA and I was thinking about you. Checked weather radar and it looks like what’s getting us has come up from the TX Gulf coast, traveling NE and is missing the Dallas area. Hope you don’t have any more flooding before you get this all worked out.

Thanks @Mmathis !!

I hope so too. I do have my redneck emergency solution. I've rigged a sump pump to one of those plug in remotes so if we get hit again I can or my son can stand out on the porch and hit that remote if it gets bad. We like it. The women of the house want no part of it :)

20180908_182053_zpsvj3ydtea.jpg

20180908_182031_zpsabkbkmlf.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
All of our house gutters feed into black drain pipes. Takes the water away from the house, down to the pond. Most of the gutter feed goes into the pond. Gives it good water changes with every storm.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
.I have never had water in my basement ,yet others here have because the gutters dump right next to the foundations and they have the land but do nothing about it
:unsure: I mentioned water getting into my basement, gutters don't dump onto foundation either as they collect rain into barrels. Doing nothing about a problem like flooding is not how I would characterize my family.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
sometimes rain barrels cannot hold a big rain storm and if they have water in them already they are useless .I have a 500 gallon tank under ground where 2 of my gutters dump into and it was empty because of the drought but after this storm I had to take the top off to allow the water to come out the top as the side top drain could not handle the deluge of rain .The tank is all in gravel with a stone bed on top that is 40 ft long by 30 ft wide and 40+ feet deep and all gravel so plenty of space for water to go .When you get flooding rains it shows nothing may help

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Called again today. He said my bid will be ready tomorrow evening. I better check the going rate on children. I'm keeping my daughter. My son......let's just say he should have mowed the lawn when I told him! :playful:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
hope your insurance company picks up most of it .When my fridge line got pinholes in it and ruined my floors my insurance company paid ,since it was a hidden leak .They paid out over 7000 dollars to replace the flooring and they ended up having to replace the flooring in the laundry room since it all was the same flooring .40x 15 feet of flooring is not cheap and then ended up replacing half bath floor because it was the same flooring also .The floor I had down was not made any more so they could not come close to a match so replacing it all had to be done .Shame because the floors in those rooms were fine .Shaw floors do not make this type any more .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
hope your insurance company picks up most of it .When my fridge line got pinholes in it and ruined my floors my insurance company paid ,since it was a hidden leak .They paid out over 7000 dollars to replace the flooring and they ended up having to replace the flooring in the laundry room since it all was the same flooring .40x 15 feet of flooring is not cheap and then ended up replacing half bath floor because it was the same flooring also .The floor I had down was not made any more so they could not come close to a match so replacing it all had to be done .Shame because the floors in those rooms were fine .Shaw floors do not make this type any more .

Wish it would but we had a pipe burst under the slab a few years ago and they had to pay for new flooring throughout the whole house so it would match. Somewhere north of 50k.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
that was the budget for the flooring and installation was another check .I have really had a hard time finding vinyl click lock flooring until I found 1 company online .I wanted tile look and seems most of it is wood look .I do not like tiles it is to hard on the back and legs and you drop things on it and then it shatters or breaks the tile .I wanted something easy to take care of .I sure am not getting any younger .I do not want wood floors either .I had laminate floors put in the whole house and only 2 kinds ,1 wood look 1 tile look .I love that it takes little effort to take care of it .Good gosh my house is 2440 sq. ft. and back in 2004 it was only 15 thousand for flooring and install and that included the cost to seal all the plywood under the floors .That is what saved them from being ruined also .No plywood damage at all .2 coats of sealer was worth it

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Well we got the bid. 6300. *passes out* Its ok because I prepared the wife for 8 so it wasn't so bad. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures and video from the cameras so you guys can see what they are doing. If anyone wants to see the bid let me know and I'll find a way to post it.

Ask a Question