Age range for GPF members -- A RE-DO.....

How old are our members -- how old are you?

• Total voters

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
To those who have responded so far, is this better? :unsure: Becky fixed the other thread for me so that you can't post over there any more -- Thanks, Becky!

I also realized that for those of us who are right between stages, I needed to be more specific -- like "21-30, 31-40" -- so hope that helps, too!

TO THE "OVER 91" AGE GROUP: And while I figured we might have some "over 91" members, didn't think we'd have enough to warrant sub-categories [I do apologize to those of you in the "over 91" group......]. Actually, if there are enough of you [over 91], YOU deserve a round of applause -- A PLACE OF HONOR!! So give us your age and you will be A VERY SPECIAL PONDER on the GPF!! :D(y)

(that's assuming we're all being honest......? But it doesn't really matter, 'cause this is all just for fun!)

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
I'm 48 but feel like I'm in my 90's sometimes :inpain:
That's exactly opposite if me. I was always a slow developer in maturity if not mentality. My wife would always call me a little kid. Now the joke's on her! When we have family dinners, I never sit with the "adults". I'd always sit with the nephews and nieces group and now they're adults I fit right in. I figure I'm a mature 30 now in maturity.

My body, that's another matter. I've had low back pain for the past 15 years or so, sometimes severe, sometimes not. Recently I've had an occurrence of neck pain. I get chiropractic treatment for that and it's been very helpful for some of it.

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
You know, I've sometimes moaned and groaned about my pond, but this morning, watching my fish cavorting and playing with each other, it's all worth it.

You know what they say about people having dogs and cats living longer, I wonder if it's the same for fish.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well when I said I feel like I'm in my 90's I meant physically not mentally. I have trouble with my back as well and it's not fun. Mentally I can be much younger than I am ;)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
My back was hurting me whenever I would do any physical labor, walking, working on pond, really just about anything. Since I started taking that turmeric stuff I am 100% better. I mean just look at that smile on my face now

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
My back was hurting me whenever I would do any physical labor, walking, working on pond, really just about anything. Since I started taking that turmeric stuff I am 100% better. I mean just look at that smile on my face now
Pray tell what is that tumeric stuff?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I buy it at Costco or online. I call it Turmeric and it's also called Curcumin. Comes from the herb Turmeric and here's a link from Costco where it explains what it does: http://www.costco.com/.product.100088941.html?&EMID=B2C_2014_0228_922_SpringSavings

I only take a couple a day but you can take more depending on your pain level. I first heard about it from a doc in our area. I got sick of taking the Ibuprofen all the time as it's not good for ya.
You should talk to your doctor before taking this as I have read it can lower blood pressure and so if one was already taking a blood pressure med it might not be good to take both. It can thin your blood too so if you take blood thinners beware. It might help people w/ diabetes to lower their glucose levels and help w/ digestion: http://www.livestrong.com/article/372874-curcumin-for-diabetes/

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
I'm 31. I built my first pond when I was 27 or 28 or so. My other hobbies are generally "manly" hobbies such as motorcycles, working on engines, brewing (and, of course, drinking) beer, shooting and collecting guns, and making my own ammo. My friends always have a good laugh at my expense when they see how into ponding and gardening I am. They tell me those are "old woman hobbies." LOL. I disagree! I think they're great hobbies at any age (or gender)!

To those who have responded so far, is this better? :unsure: Becky fixed the other thread for me so that you can't post over there any more -- Thanks, Becky!

I also realized that for those of us who are right between stages, I needed to be more specific -- like "21-30, 31-40" -- so hope that helps, too!

TO THE "OVER 91" AGE GROUP: And while I figured we might have some "over 91" members, didn't think we'd have enough to warrant sub-categories [I do apologize to those of you in the "over 91" group......]. Actually, if there are enough of you [over 91], YOU deserve a round of applause -- A PLACE OF HONOR!! So give us your age and you will be A VERY SPECIAL PONDER on the GPF!! :D(y)

(that's assuming we're all being honest......? But it doesn't really matter, 'cause this is all just for fun!)

I didn't see the old poll, but if I were doing this, I would stick to decades. In other words, instead of doing 21-30, I would do 20-29 (twenties) and 30-39 (thirties). But, that's only a minor point. This gives us a good idea of the ages here.

Ask a Question