agressive women? ... koi that is!

Reaction score
Have seen the koi, comets and shubunkins all spawn a few times now (this year) but have a girl acting a bit strange (to us anyways) ... absolutely certain SHE is a SHE (raised some of her eggs last year) ... can the girls get agressive with the boys to get their attention???

She is going up to random MALE koi, and chewing on their tails and dorsal fins??? See absolutely nothing wrong on any of the boys she is harrassing. Any ideas? She is really being a witch to them.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
go girl and don't take no for an answer .My aggie will do that to bert but never saw any harm in it .I just worry more about jumpers .

Reaction score
She did this for about 45 minutes late afternoon yesterday, and then seemed to be behaving herself ... I am obcessed with the fish (I love watching them) and have never seen them acting this way. She was treating these boys fins worse then she treats my water cress (that grab and rip motion) ...

Reaction score
Ive never noticed eggs stuck to fins, but I guess anything is possible. She is behaving herself still ... I know we have/had eggs and new fry between the rocks, as they have been going to town eating "something" between "most" of the rocks at one end of the pond. Really dont have much for bugs yet, and there are only plants/roots in specific areas within their reach ...

Ask a Question