Ahhhh Help

Reaction score
ive lost 6 koi in 2 days now

maybe someone on here can help me
i bought one and it got a cloudy eye and died after 4 days and after that one died i lost another 5

i hope its not the KHV

BBK

Reaction score
We need some more info.
Size of pond?
How long has it been running?
What type of filter?
Water stats? Ammonia, NO2, N03, PH

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
If it is KHV they will all die soon. Did you notice an indent above the nose as you looked at it sideways?

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
This is for everyone!
Buy your fish and plants from known sources where you can see the condition of their ponds or tanks. One infected fish with KHV will cause all your fish to die within 1 to 2 weeks.
If it is SVC, your county health department could make you remove your pond and quarantine your property until it is safe.
One of the largest breeders in California warned me about that one although I know very little about it.

Reaction score
yea i looked at the dead ones theres something diffrent about where the the nostrils are and some of them have problems with their scales almost pinecone but they arent bloated. lost 3 more last night that makes 8 in 24 hours...none today*Knock on wood*...still eating

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about this additional loss. As I mentioned, I have not researched SVC. You might Google it in the meantime. Plants and fish here are strictly one way. I don't put any fish or plants from the outside in my ponds.

I even go so far as to use my bucket to get water for clients buckets when they are buying fish or plants.

Ask a Question