Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United States
AJ1500 submitted a new Showcase Item:

AJ's pond

This is our first pond. My wife and myself have had a couple 600 gals plastic ponds for a few years, I had them staggered and stacked so the water went from the bottom pond to the top and then flowed back via PVC pipes in the side of the top pond

My wife wanted to redo them and I was working on our front porch/deck so I started planning the build
it took on a few different looks during the dig, but finally ended with what we have now

it was 1 1/2 years in the making as I had to just work on it when time allowed

we still have more to do this season to finish around the edges and I'm thinking of added a stream

Read more about this showcase item here...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United States
Thanks
we started working on the rear wall of the bog, I raised the wall about 6" then built a mound behind it that moves out into the yard about 2 foot. I installed some pots into the mound and made it uneven so it kind of resembles a mountain side. I plan to build a few boulders to put there and with the plants it should make for a nice background
I'll get some pics once we get a little more done to it
Also I guess I can chalk it up to inexperience but I had a lot of exposed liner at the top edges of the pond
I decided to buy some of the rock on a roll and work it into the areas, I think it is working out well, just have to wait for the part under the water to blend with the rest of the liner so it looks more natural

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United States
that was the goal from the beginning, my wife sits out on the parch every day at her own little oasis
I don't have a picture of it but I have a dogwood tree planted in the middle of the lower deck between the corner of the porch and the bog
you can just see the trunk of it in one of the pictures

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United States
I haven't posted in a good while but I have been lurking :)
just wanted to post a few updated shots of the pond, we removed the 4X4 and jasmin from the island as we felt it was detracting from the maple. I made a few changes to the overflow from the bog and we removed most of the iris and added some other plants. we removed the elephant ears that were spreading with runners like crazy and replaced it with the 1, it seems to just make new ones off it's base, no runners
next season we are going to make a waterfall with a small spring flowing back into the pond where the hyacinth is now by the bog

Attachments

• 056.JPG
    056.JPG
    239.7 KB · Views: 231
  • 047.JPG
    047.JPG
    171.7 KB · Views: 231
  • 052.JPG
    052.JPG
    220.6 KB · Views: 246
  • 055.JPG
    055.JPG