Last edited:

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Most pet stores that sell fish would have them, at least around me. If not can find some online they are a commonly available fish.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Why? They hide most of the time and will outcompete your fish for food. They quickly learn, "Heck, why forage for scraps when fresh, tasty food falls in from the sky!" But if you really want one key word:
Ictalurus punctatus
Smith Creek Farm (Upstate New York) might sell them. Also, Sunland Water gardens (LA) might have them.

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Why? They hide most of the time and will outcompete your fish for food. They quickly learn, "Heck, why forage for scraps when fresh, tasty food falls in from the sky!" But if you really want one key word:
Ictalurus punctatus
Smith Creek Farm (Upstate New York) might sell them. Also, Sunland Water gardens (LA) might have them.
That is so true they do not try to eat fish in my pond, I am sure they figure why go through the effort of chasing faster fish around, when food just magically appears on the pond surface every once in awhile. Don’t really outcompete my fish for food, but I don’t throw just a tiny bit in there when I feed either.

May be adding some type of sunfish (just one)to my pond in the future for fish population control.

Ask a Question