Country
India
Hi, new to this forum.
I am from india
Atm temp 30-42℃

Container A
Size 4ftx3ftx1ft concrete pond on ground
1 small water Lilly, 2 lotus seedling
Black mollies (3 big female, 4 hybrid fry)

Container B

2.5 ft dia concrete pot, with water tower, 2 lotus seedling, 1 black tetra, 4 red zebra danio, 1 white Molly male, 1 sail fin color changing Molly male

Container C

Glass aquarium 5 mm, size: 30 inch x10 inch x10 inch

Small internal filter , heater, pebble substrate, 3 guppies male

Container D

Glass bowels with a hybrid fry in each with mustards plant growing on top.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Container A showing slight algae growth on walls

Container B has turned to dark green color water, water tower of 6 inch dia has turned green, I have changed water 4 days back, again the same thing water turning green too fast. Sun light 2-3 hours

This kind of algae is not coming off easily, need to scrub the glass tower to remove it , it's rough

Any idea how to lower algae growth?

Last edited:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The one you call algae just sound like muck like we get on liners .Nutrients must be high .The first one may be above he limits in fish .Aeration is important

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I restrict diet so they could clean the wall by themselves, still 4-5 pellets/fish(mustard sized pellet)

These are some old pictures
Container A

333333 (3).jpg

Container B
check the video https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8utGIvKK5V_N18ydFAtNkZZdjA
3333333.jpg
This is an old pic, now glass has turned green

This is how much green it is now
IMG_20170221_074054_018.JPG
Container C
333333 (5).jpg
guppies don't like photo session, they run to other side
Container D
33333 4.jpg 33333333.jpg
some algae are starting to grow on roots

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
hi , try to place it in full shade or cooler area and feed only 2 times a week or less , add some water plants and submerged ones they will absorb extra nutrients which is feeding the algae then see , usually the wall algae is inevitable and not harmful it provides food and oxygen . i have one aquarium out side under a shade but it still gets some green on wall , i need to wipe front glass weekly

u will get this plant easily in india
92ae7eb02d994bef5f12ff94e05e9bcc.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
hi , try to place it in full shade or cooler area and feed only 2 times a week or less , add some water plants and submerged ones they will absorb extra nutrients which is feeding the algae then see , usually the wall algae is inevitable and not harmful it provides food and oxygen . i have one aquarium out side under a shade but it still gets some green on wall , i need to wipe front glass weekly

u will get this plant easily in india

Lotus plant is growing slowly, You are right I will cover the water and see if the green coloration lessen, I have devil's ivy I will put them in it to absorb some nutrients.

What kind of plant is that?
I think the right word is pea soup.;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Lotus plant is growing slowly, You are right I will cover the water and see if the green coloration lessen, I have devil's ivy I will put them in it to absorb some nutrients.

What kind of plant is that?
I think the right word is pea soup.;)
its Cyperus papyrus

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Thank you, I almost stopped feeding them, as the temperature is rising (summer) water looks much cleaner with some algae on the walls only.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
The algae that is growing on the walls and sides of ponds, be they glass, liner, concrete or whatever substance....is normal and an integral part of the eco-system. It is supported by an underlying layer of biofilm which is home to all of the beneficial bacteria that resides in an aquatic environment. There is no way to permanently remove this organic coating which is good because the entire aquatic ecosystem would collapse if it did not exist.

Ask a Question