? Algae question ?

Reaction score
I have been keeping an eye on my small pond and it seems that I have Algae growing on the walls and sides of my pond. Its also growing on the rocks, filter box and hoses that are under the water. I think its called carpet algae but im not sure. should I take a small sponge or pad to get rid of some of this algae? To me it's making the water look dirty. I can see my fish and the bottom of the pond without a problem. Any help would be great.

Attachments

• IMG_4211.JPG
    IMG_4211.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_4208.JPG
    IMG_4208.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_4210.JPG
    IMG_4210.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 287

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The taddies will clean the muck right down to the liner .I get so many taddies that they clog filters and pumps .

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
It looks good, to me. Water is clear. Algae happens and is normal. Do you have any plants in your pond -- maybe adding some would let them compete with your unwanted algae.

Reaction score
I have two Lilly pads that are of a red color and they are dooing pretty well. I also have a water lilly that's dooing good and some other plant that I can't pronounce. I tryed to clean as much river stone/pea gravel out of the pond yesterday. I was going to buy a pleco to help out with the algae but I heard some horror stories between them and koi.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
What's the difference between a "lilly pad" and a "water lilly"? :dunno:
John

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The tads have stripped a few areas on the liner down to bare liner. They eat constantly. The fish munch on the sides too.

Ask a Question