algea settled on pond floor

Reaction score
Our pond has algea that is hovering on pond floor, the fish stir it up but it floats back down, the water is clear otherwise. Also, there is algea on my waterfall, & it seems that there isn't as much water flowing through the hose, so i think it may be coating the inner hose, (we treat with alea fix & 2 uv lights) how do we get rid of this type alea?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
zone 8a/b
Country
Germany
Hi, I am new here, but the last week, I have had amazing results by scooping it out with a net, whipping up the water, and putting batting under the waterfall to filter out the yuck.

I have also added good bacteria (algaecidal) to reduce the nitrates or nitrites (sorry, mixed up now - stuff wot comes off the ammonia) to reduce the availability of this, as that is what feeds the algae.

Also, I am going to be adding more plants, for the same effect...

I don't think you can have a totally sterile completely algae free pond, if you have fish and plants in it?

I have had great success in the last few days, just scooping it out and filtering with the batting.
Good luck with it all!

Ask a Question