All Fish Dead Today

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Before coming to work I checked on pond and found all fish floating. Not one fish was alive, have not tested the water yet, will do when I get home. Water today had a slight brown tint. Yesterday I potted up a bare root Canna, I used a organic potting soil I just notice the bag has water control. I will not be able to test water till tonight today is hitting close to 90, will test result still be good ? I feel terrible about my fish, I still have the feeder in 10 gallon.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Oh no ! Did you remove the dead fish from the pond? I can't imagine a small amount of organic potting soil with water control would be the culprit.

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
The organic part sounds fine but the moisture control isn't something found in nature. MSDS doesn't say much other than do not dispose of in waterways, drainage's.. I posted the link, to it, Miracle grow also manufactures the products sold in walmart.

Attachments

• 90501656C62EF462E10000000AA82B99.pdf
    101 KB · Views: 201
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thank you there is a warning on bag not to swallow or get in cuts. Almost everything has that warning so people don't sue. I am feeling very guilty today

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Did just a little soil get in the pond, or did you fill a planter and sink it in the pond?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I filled a planter whole pot is under water. I also added 3 5 gallon buckets of water used a new bottle of stresscoat to treat water. I am batting a 100 today glass tubes are not in water kit, I have no idea where I put them.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Oh, no, sorry! I hate to hear this, sometimes it's the things we don't expect that can be our downfall. Whatever you do, learn from this and don't give up! As soon as you know the results of your water tests, let us know -- remember to give us the numbers!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I can not find test tubes, but I do have 3cc syringes for my dog. Any one know how many cc or ML water should be used in test ?

Ask a Question