All types of Native Water plants for Sale

Reaction score
If anyone in Alabama is interested Look on craigs List Their is a Good Freind of mine on their that has a 210,000 Gallon pond for Kois & raises all types of plants & sells them sometimes She even has trees in her pond thats Native water trees & is held down by rocks It a unreal sight to see what she has done for a pond She is Over the Native wet lands Super person & very educated on all plants & fish ! This is her listing
POND PLANT And KOI SALE...all summer...starting May 21st. 256-509-9050
PLANTS ($5 - $20):
I will be selling many species of native aquatic plants all summer. All plants are pond-ready; I do not use soil in the pots, all plants are grown hydroponically with lava rock and pond water. The lava rock provides a filter medium for growing the beneficial bacteria that break down fish waste into usable forms for the plants (quart pots up to 3 gallon size).

CLEAN YOUR POND WATER: Except for the water lily, all of these plants are naturally occurring in the wetlands of Alabama and provide water purification to a fish pond. Fish produce a lot of waste (nitrogen, ammonia and nitrate) which feeds algae and harms fish when levels rise.
Plants absorb the waste and cleanse the water and provide beauty from spring to fall.

CREATE SONGBIRD SANCTUARY: Using wetland plants native to this area also provides a wide variety of food for our migrating songbirds and butterflies. Songbirds eat seeds and/or berries from native aquatic plants.
I have many species of plants for your pond such as cattails, water lily, swamp hibiscus, pickerel rush, reeds, bog iris, button bush (shrub), virginia Sweetspire (shrub) and bald cypress (tree), etc.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Nice of you to post coolwind. I am sure someone will contact her, sounds like a good list of plants.

Reaction score
where in AL is she?
I searched Mobile yesterday and didn't find anything, but also only did the for sale section.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
There you go, Good list of legal plants, If you have not tried a swamp Hibiscus I recommend trying one, The flowers are huge, they start off light pink and each day becoming lighter until they are snow white with a blood red center. BTW, they grow great anywhere they can get good moisture. My biggest one is by my backflush planted in the ground. They will grow in a pond with no media at all, just a way to anchor it as they get very tall and the wind blows them over if they aren't secure.

Ask a Question