almost done my pond, are these what i need? are they compatible!?

Reaction score
Country
United States
hi i am in the process of completing my pond, i am almost done and am now in the process of choosing the pump, filter and waterfall spillway, before i purchase them i want to make sure they are suffice for my pond size and if they are compatible with each other.

i of course want the pond to be clear and clean, i have done a little research and i think that these are what i need but i figured i would come to the experts on the pond forum for some extra help.

i have a somewhat circular shaped pond and will have some plants and fish in it.
the measurements are:
11 length x 11 width x 3 depth

i want to know would these supplies keep the pond running clean and clear:

waterfall spillway:
http://www.amazon.com/Danner-02477-...&ref_=redir_mobile_desktop&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

filter/UV light:
http://www.amazon.com/Best-Choice-P...ref_=redir_mobile_desktop&smid=A2GUMCXR7HBXM2

Pump:
http://www.amazon.com/TetraPond-Wat...&ref_=redir_mobile_desktop&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

if not what would you guys recommend?

i do have a budget to follow, thank you in advance for your help!

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Depending on the total number and size of your fish, your equipment choices appear to be OK with the exception of the pump. It is half the size that it needs to be. Your pond has a capacity of about 2,100 gallons. You want to turn the entire volume at least 1.5 times per hour. This means that the pump needs to be rated at least 3,100 gph.

Smaug

God makes perfect. I just dug the hole
Reaction score
Country
United States
I recognize the pain of the budget but extra money spent now will mean money not having to spent later. I recomend skimmers on one end of a pond and s biofalls at the other. For pumps I recomend matala geyser flows . Using these 3 things will eliminate the need for that pressure fikter and very likely the uv that's in it as well. If you go with the big version of the Pondmaster skimmer and biofalls then you can get huge amounts of mechanical and bio filtration in both. Are you located in Pa by any chance? If so then I recommend That fish place that pet place near Lancaster pa to source these items in store at a mail order price. I know I did not answer your questions concerning the items you asked about but I have no experience with those items.

Smaug

God makes perfect. I just dug the hole
Reaction score
Country
United States

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
remember aeration is your friend and always look at watts of pumps plus head of pump .I have seen pumps that use 600 watts and there head was 10 feet.I use 2 laguna pumps and at least if one goes out I have back up and one is a 2400 gph and 1 is a 2900 gph and an aerator .

Reaction score
Country
United States
remember aeration is your friend and always look at watts of pumps plus head of pump .I have seen pumps that use 600 watts and there head was 10 feet.I use 2 laguna pumps and at least if one goes out I have back up and one is a 2400 gph and 1 is a 2900 gph and an aerator .
Do you think what I have is enough?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Don;t know which one you want to buy and don't see head height on them .When I had my 3000 gallon pond i used a total of used 2 pumps with a total wattage use of 195 watts and my old aerator used 65 watts and only had 4 ports now my 2 laguna and the aerator(12 ports ) use 175 watts total .

Ask a Question