j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I have heard the deer love the Arbovitae trees. We have 80 of them and they've left them alone for 10 yrs now :)
Your pond is lovely and huge :cool:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very nice! They leave ours alone also jw. Right now they are enjoying my corn........have little cobs growing, maybe some will survive the deer.

Reaction score
Thanks for all your kind words. If you look at the 4 arbovitae trees at the top the deer got to them before I got fence around and the 2 really big ones were already replaced because the deer ate them if you want a tree to grow where I live they have to be fenced the very first day you plant them. My pond is 15x25 and at the deepest about a foot and a half and I can probably get 2000 gallons all the way full

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I know colorado has many zones, what one are you in? That might be too shallow to keep fish over winter.

Nice upgrade from the preform, love the pondless waterfalls........... Nice work

Reaction score
I don't have fish I don't think its deep enough and I would have to bring them inside during the winter because I will drain the pond and I'm in zone 5

Reaction score
I actually have pulled apart the pondless waterfall and put this in
IMAG0535.jpg

Nothing at my place lasts for more then a year before I pull it apart and do something else

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well that is nice too! Yep zone five you would need to have it deeper, like 4 - 5 feet, mine is 5 feet deepest part and the fish survived last winter.

Reaction score
I figured it would have to be really deep maybe one of these days it will all come apart and I can dig it really deep but my pond was mainly built so I could put the waterfall

Ask a Question