almost lost plants in my mini bog.

Reaction score
we had the first hot day of the year it was 86 degrees. I had just received some variegated parsley and a forget me knot in the mail the day before and put them in the bog that night.
the parsley was hanging over the edge and the forget me not was fairly deep in the water. they looked a bit better in the morning. well around 5 they were so wilty it was hard to believe. So I pushed the forget me not deeper and laid the parsley in the water and both are recovering.
when I checked the temp next to the bog it was 97 degrees so it was much hotter. but it's hard to believe a plant in water can get wilty from heat. but I think it was mostly because they were not established. I have a piece of parrot feather hanging over too and it was wilty.

photo-33.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Be patient, when I received some of my plants it took a while for them to start looking better. They got brown leaves, wilted, looked really sad, now going crazy. It is hard to kill a water plant.

Reaction score
I should have taken a before pic. the parsley looked like overcooked spaghetti. some has recovered and is growing some has died. it was only in the mail for 2 days. but I think it was because the plants did not really have much in the way of roots. they could nto suck up water fast enough.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Maybe if you get more, keep them in the shade or house until they get some good roots going.

Reaction score
I think they will be ok. the weather here is overcast and not much about 70 for this week. I just never expected wilting when they were soaking in water.

Ask a Question