Alpravinosh's first pond ( DIY )

Loving it!!!!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Alpravinosh submitted a new Showcase Item:

Alpravinosh's first pond ( DIY )

When we first moved into my house I was a year old and we had a beautiful concrete pond. One day there was a thunder storm and the main roads and its drains near my neighbourhood was flooded. My neighbour in the rain rang my door bell to alert me that he saw a massive phyton enter my compound. We immediately called for the fire and rescue department and by the time they arrived the rain had subsided. We checked the entire house compound but there was no sign of the snake. Then my neighbour told my dad that the snake entered the compound closes to the pond, it might be in the pond. The fireman searched the water and around the pond but could not find the snake. When one of them spotted a small crack in the concrete of a stone fixture that surrounded the entire pond. The man had no choice but to hack down the fixture sending all the rubble into my pond which eventually covered the entire pond. I was sad as my favourite past time was destroyed all due to a snake. So know after almost ten years I have decided to build my own pond. It in cooperates a stream as well as a very tiny waterfall. Everything I desire in a pond. Here are some photos of it. It's absolutely peaceful to just seat next to a pond, watching the fish swim by gracefully while listening to soothing sound of flowing water, and knowing you built all of this simply adds the cherry on a extremely tasty cake. I hope you like my pond thank you.

Read more about this showcase item here...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Nice job, looks like a couple of good size koi in there. So was the snake ever found?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Yes and it was given over to a local snake farm. It was around 4 feet. Quiet long to be able to squeeze through such a small crack.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
And to add on the koi may look big but they are only about 20 cm long. I want them to be big!!!!!!! I just have to be patient. Once they outgrow this pond I am going to build another one to house my large koi

Ask a Question