Amazing Expandable hose

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
We bought the new thing in hoses the amazng expanable hose that grows up to 50 ft when you turn on the tap.
We got fed up of the old fashioned hoses kinking , we got fed up of the old type hoses developing leaks that somewhow always end up spraying the back of you , so when they started advertizing this new style hose we thought why not .
Cost wise they work out as cheap as one of the better hoses , there is no loss of pressure when it goes around a corner and when finished with for the day it all but empties itself and stows away in a really small space compaired to the older ones :-

http://www.officialxhose.co.uk/

Has anyone else tried it as of yet , if not do yourself a favour and buy one , you'll be glad you did ?
We are :)
The one advertized cost £22.99 ours was bought in a sale at £19.00 from the cleaneze door sales people who have used it themselves , the glowing reports they gave it clinched the deal.
Now we are reporting to you that this is the new way forwards in hose pipes so if you get the chance buy one or two even you wont regret it I promise :)

Dave ;)

Last edited:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They are great! I bought one down in florida a few years back, have one here too. Good old home depot carries them.

Just need to always turn off the water so they don't stretch out permanently So easy to store and take up almost no room. I hate kinked hoses as much as I hate tangled clothes hangers.

Reaction score
I haven't tried it but a friend of mine tried one and told me not to waste my money cause hers leaked all over. Maybe she had a defective one. They aren't that expensive so maybe I will try one cause of your experience with it.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Get it from home depot, they have good return policies. They are not a real tough hose, I would not drag it like I do the heavy ones. But it is great to have as a close to the house water the pots type hose, wash a car hose etc.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
No I guessed that I sort of hang it off the floor until it reaches the dechlorinater so far so good no leaks but best of all no kinks (y)
I would also hazzard a guess that during the winter unless in use then you'd have to bring it indoors but utter bliss addy as there is nothing worse than that sudden spray rigt up the back when a hose splits :(

Dave

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I've heard mixed reviews about these hoses. Like anything else, someone comes out with a good new product and it doesn't take long for the cheap, shoddy immitations to hit the market. If you got a $40. hose for $15., don't count on it being a real pleasure to use!
John

Reaction score
I am interested to see comments after some long term use. I am still using the first Sears Craftsman hoses I bought when I bought my house in 2003. I looked at this magic shrinking hose and the reviews kept me from buying one.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We use one at the house in florida, quick on and off, I would not use it where it had to be primed for hours. I like the smallest of the size, it hangs easy and quick, no it does not retract to the tiny size after some usage.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I would love to have a hose that didn't get hard after a year or two. Those retractable hoses would not work for me, I have grandkids that love to play with the hose, but never remember to shut it off.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My best hose ever has been a collapsible hose for motor homing. I have been using it for over 15 years now, still pliable, no leaks collapses to flat when it is empty.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
My wife likes them. She's on her third one in two years. The first two failed where the hose attaches to the valve.

Ask a Question