ammonia in fertilizer

rdk

Reaction score
I have a high ammonia level in my pond. I have fertilized plants with sticks containing ammonium nitrate and ammonium phosphate and discovered these sticks give a positive reading when tested for ammonia or ammonium ion. Any discussion on this would be appreciated.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
rdk said:
I have a high ammonia level in my pond. I have fertilized plants with sticks containing ammonium nitrate and ammonium phosphate and discovered these sticks give a positive reading when tested for ammonia or ammonium ion. Any discussion on this would be appreciated.

My recommendation is to never do this again. None of my plants ever get outside fertilization and I have to throw away plants daily because of excessive growth.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
DrDave said:
My recommendation is to never do this again. None of my plants ever get outside fertilization and I have to throw away plants daily because of excessive growth.
same here and my lawn should be as rich a green color as my hiacynths, but i dont have to throw any away.. except now that my koi discovered what a tastey treat they are. i throw away little chunks daily

Ask a Question