An "allergy" warning -- this was on a bag of frozen peas

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I was preparing some peas for one of my fish when I happened to notice this cautionary statement on the back of the bag. Who woulda thought! PROZEN PEAS! So, anyway, as someone with [mild] food allergies, I thought I would pass this along as a WARNING to check all labels!

image.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Isn't it crazy all the stuff that *might* be in your food? o_O

Seriously though I never realized allergies were such an issue until my niece was born and was found to have an allergy to eggs (along with other things) it's amazing how many things we eat every day that are not egg free.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
IT's impossible to keep rats and mice out of any food processing plant or farm.

slakker

AKA Mike
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
It's mostly to protect them from being sued in case of processing line contamination. It doesn't "contain" those items, but likely could have come in contact hence may contain trace amounts. But in a litigation society, they carpet bomb with fine print warnings.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A, we are also very windy
Country
United States
It's mostly to protect them from being sued in case of processing line contamination. It doesn't "contain" those items, but likely could have come in contact hence may contain trace amounts. But in a litigation society, they carpet bomb with fine print warnings.
LOL that like the distilled water with a California Prop 25 warning "May contain items known to the state of California to cause cancer or reproductive harm"

Ask a Question