An Article about the use of garlic in koi food

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Reaction score
Can I use the crushed garlic I keep in my fridge?

I'm also concerned about feeding during the day when it is high 50's to 60's then temp drops into 40's at night. Very erratic in Michigan as usual. Does this cool temp mess with their digestion at night. I keep a temp in my water fall box and it reads 52-55 but that is when I am out there, not in the middle of the night.

Reaction score

I'm also concerned about feeding during the day when it is high 50's to 60's then temp drops into 40's at night. Very erratic in Michigan as usual. Does this cool temp mess with their digestion at night. I keep a temp in my water fall box and it reads 52-55 but that is when I am out there, not in the middle of the night.
I know of 0 fish that have died from eating in 50 degree water. Never heard if it on any forum etc. Throw in a little food. If they snatch it up right away, throw in a little more. If they don't, stop feeding.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
LISA... air temps and water temps don't fluccuate at the same pace. it takes a whole lot longer for water temps to change. if your seeing 55* in the morning it was likely that temp all night within a couple degrees, and it was likely higher if anything.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):

Koiguy beat me to the answer - the temperature you need to consider is the water temperature, no the air temperature. The water temp cools slowly, even when the air temperature drops rapidly as it often does here in the midwest.

Reaction score
Great article have fed my fish small amounts of crushed garlic twice this fall already and think they are ready to try a larger amount of garlic and other preventative goodies.

Reaction score
Great article i have fed my fish garlic twice this fall and think they are ready for a mixture such as these. Also the clay seems to make my fish feed more aggressive but not sure.

Ask a Question