An unusual visitor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've just joined this forum for a bit of advice and a bit of a weird problem.

I have a mature medium wildlife pond in my back garden, frogs, newts, bugs etc.

Last night we heard a bang in my back garden, went downstairs had a look and couldn't see anything so dismissed it as a cat.

This morning I have my brew by the pond, and there's two terrapins and possibly some small fish been dumped in. I'm sure whoever did it has meant for well for their unwanted pets but they will destroy my pond.
I've no intention of hurting them and have contacted a few shelters to sort it. What about in the meantime?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1596156258723.gif
@Mouser
The turtles you can just put in a kids hard plastic cheap pool w/something to crawl up onto like a log etc. something that floats or has part of it sticking out of the water where they can rest in the sun. Others here can tell you what to feed them. The fish if not too big won't prolly do much damage to your plants unless they are plants they like to eat and nibble on. If so you can put them in a big tub and just add part clean water now and then. Use some of your pond water as they are in that now and hopefully are used to that water. Any water from the city may contain chlorine so you will have to pick up a small bottle of declhor to rid the water of the chlorine/chloromine or else the city water will kill the fish. Hope you can find homes for them all. Lots of people have ponds nowadays. Oh and turtles can climb so make sure the sides of whatever you put them in they can't reach up and climb out of.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum.

Post that you have turtles for free, fish for free, someone might desire them. That is sad someone did that to your pond.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum! That's very nice of you to take care of the turtles and fish. People who dump unwanted pets are so very cruel. Are the terrapins native to your area?

Ask a Question