anacharis.jpg

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I didn’t either, until I had some in my QT a few summers ago that bloomed. I was surprised. They are very tiny little flowers. Have never noticed any blooms on the pond ones, though, so have wondered if they bloom when they get closer to the surface.

Reaction score
Country
United States
The anacharis I had in some of my aquariums never bloomed. Once I got a pond and tried anacharis outside I had flowers. I think the increase in sunlight helped them bloom.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
The anacharis I had in some of my aquariums never bloomed. Once I got a pond and tried anacharis outside I had flowers. I think the increase in sunlight helped them bloom.
Actually, I,was thinking just the opposite. The ones in my pond get almost full sunlight. They have never bloomed. But the ones that were in my QT did bloom....and they grew quite nicely compared to those in the pond. The QT got only a few hours of direct sunlight and a lot of dappled, bright shade.

Ask a Question