peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
WHY?
LAS VEGAS (AP) - Two Nevada women are facing criminal charges after authorities say they kept more than 400 animals in unsanitary conditions at their nonprofit sanctuary northwest of Las Vegas.

The Las Vegas Review-Journal reports that 51-year-old Donna Mead and 54-year-old Dawn Spoolman are each facing three felony counts of malicious torture and two dozen misdemeanor violations.

The women have been operating the Desert Rescue Animal Sanctuary out of their Cold Creek home for nine years.

According to an arrest warrant for Mead, authorities had to euthanize 103 of the animals after medical examinations.

Neither Mead nor her lawyer could be reached for comment Thursday. Las Vegas attorney Don Green is representing Spoolman and declined to comment, except to say that the case was "anything but routine."

The case goes to court in December.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Very sad and I do hope the rest of the animals get to find good homes and forget the heartache and pain they suffered in the hands of those monsters!
Better not put me on a jury for those creeps!

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
There's no way two people could handle that many animals. Had a sister run a doggie day care for a couple years, once she had more than 6-7 dogs she got help. She gave it up because proper care for 10-15 dogs is just too much. It almost changed the way she feels about dogs... Naa, she loves dogs.

Ask a Question