And Now For Something Completely Different

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
Have a look at another of my hobbies, abstract and photographic art. Over 95% of my creations originate as photographs with the remaining 5% being original digital creations. A rotating aray of my work may be seen at http://pictify.com/user/louisp.

As always, your comments are welcomed

Attachments

• candle.jpg
    candle.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 270
  • Layers.jpg
    Layers.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 255
  • 32 Roses.jpg
    32 Roses.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 268
  • 454.jpg
    454.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 324
  • A Day At The Beach.jpg
    A Day At The Beach.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 274
  • acceleration.jpg
    acceleration.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 275
  • 32.jpg
    32.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 319
  • a beautiful scene.jpg
    a beautiful scene.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 265
  • altra 2.jpg
    altra 2.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 258
  • Arrival 1.0.jpg
    Arrival 1.0.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 267
  • Blue Eye square.jpg
    Blue Eye square.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 267
  • can bottom.jpg
    can bottom.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 287
  • brick 2.jpg
    brick 2.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 284
  • classic.jpg
    classic.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 317
  • chrome reflection 2130.jpg
    chrome reflection 2130.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 283
  • Dark and Deep.jpg
    Dark and Deep.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 238
  • The Way In.jpg
    The Way In.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 248
  • the window-1.jpg
    the window-1.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 264
  • Situational Proximity.jpg
    Situational Proximity.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 248
  • book cover fool on a hill.jpg
    book cover fool on a hill.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 263
  • Haunted Cypress pure 1000.jpg
    Haunted Cypress pure 1000.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 292

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Pretty cool stuff. I lean for the most enjoyment to the brick wall w/ the chunks missing and the light coming through........reminds me of something hidden or tucked away waiting to be found in there.
Really like the doorknob one also.........is just inviting!
And that last one w/ the icy looking tree and the pretty sunset behind is nice also...........well all are nice but those jump out at me personally!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Thank you both.

I would like to draw your attention to the third to last image named "Situational Proximity". The origin photograph was taken in complete room darkness except for slivers of brightness from the outdoor street light showing between window blinds. Obviously, the raw image was highly processed. Another notable work is the fith image. I believe its name is "Day at the Beach". This works beginning is a photograh of my favorite summer shirt.

While my chosen art is not many's cup of tea that is perfectly fine. It may be protenious but my art is for me. Having such an attitude frees one from numerous constraints. None of my images are ever sold. And yes, there is a market for such. :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My dad picked up a nice digital, his favorite pass time was to take pictures, some very close up, different angles. Than email them to us kids and we had to guess what they were. Miss that communication.

He loved photography, as a kid we spent hours in our dark room bathroom developing black and white photos taken with our little brownie cameras.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I like the eye and the tree the best .But the tree just brings back a feeeling of nature and the light behind it makes me think of future growth and warmth and the eye one makes me think of an eye to the future .The door knob and brick wall lit up and the window bring back memories of the past .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Some fantastic images there! I really like them all, but my favourites are the water ripples and the coca cola can :) Out of curiosity what software do you use to edit the photos?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Weird how our minds react so differently to what we see. The picture you talk about being 3rd to the last I immediately saw 2 black rural mailboxes side by side. Like your new avatar photo....................you have aged so nicely :razz:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
.......Like your new avatar photo....................you have aged so nicely :razz:

OMG, you are too nice. That photo was taken, I think, when 3 or 4. Country folks could take their little ones to the school on picture day. I named that avatar something like "A time of innocence".

Btw, I will soon begin working on a non-fiction blog about the realty of my raising in the deep south up to July 10, 1972. It will be an eye opener yet does not apply to every southern child. I'm writing it because the truth must be told. More about that in the future.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh my I can't wait to hear more about your southern up-bringing. Growing up here all my life in the N.W I had heard stories about the south from my dad who was raised in Tennessee but never went back their w/ him to visit.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Oh my I can't wait to hear more about your southern up-bringing. Growing up here all my life in the N.W I had heard stories about the south from my dad who was raised in Tennessee but never went back their w/ him to visit.

The south truly is a wonderful and beautiful place. Change has brought even greater beauty. The struggle to right ones self takes time. I am so grateful that my now adult children were always honorably raised. This may sound confusing yet with all my past I am very proud to be a son of the south. There is no place in our nation where injustice of one kind or another has not taken place. Thank you for expressing your interest.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
with your title, i thought this was gonna be a MONTY PYTHON thread!!! anybody remember that movie? anyways pretty cool stuff.

Ask a Question