Angel fish spawning

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I got some angel fish in a above ground pool that are spawning. I hope they can pull it off on their own as there are other fish with them. Guppies, mollies, platys, gouramis, plecos, Chinese algae eaters, tetras, and shrimp. No big cichlids. Lots of room and water hyacinth to hide when they leave the wall. The aquarium guys separate them but I’m hoping a few thousand gallons help.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Congratulations! Good job with your fish and pond skills.

It's probably all the other fish that need that luck. Angel fish get pretty aggressive when guarding their eggs.

Hope they are successful and that the other fish can avoid them. Please let us know how they do.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, so far it seems they are defending the eggs only from other curious angel fish. Everything else just swims by. I really enjoy all the odd interaction of all the different species.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well, so far it seems they are defending the eggs only from other curious angel fish. Everything else just swims by. I really enjoy all the odd interaction of all the different species.
I remember the fun of having an aquarium and watching all the fish. Got to be too much work for me tho and now the pond is much easier.
Think my favorites were the Clown Loaches, always so busy!
75 gal aquarium 8.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well that didn’t work out. Big pleco must of ate them during the night. I’ll put a tile in there and hopefully they will lay on it and I’ll try to brood in separate area. Would be cool to have a big school of angels.

Ask a Question