morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
When you occasionally have a really bad day and you just need to take it out on someone, don't take it out on someone you know, take it out on someone you don't know (but you know deserves it).

I was sitting at my desk at home one day when I remembered a phone call I'd forgotten to make. I found the number and dialed it. A man answered, saying 'Hello..' I politely asked if I could speak with Robyn Carter.

He freaked out, and yelled at me "Get the right f***ing number!' and the phone was slammed down on me. I couldn't believe that anyone could be so rude. When I tracked down Robyn's correct number to call her, I found that I had accidentally transposed the last two digits of her phone number. Easy mistake.

After having spoken with her I decided to call the 'wrong' number again. When the same guy answered the phone, I yelled 'You're an asshole!' and hung up on him. Then I wrote his number down with the word 'Asshole' next to it, and put it in my desk drawer.

Every couple of weeks, when I was paying bills or having a bad day, I'd call him up and yell, 'You're an asshole!' then hang up on him. It always cheered me up. But when Caller ID was introduced, I thought my therapeutic 'asshole' calling would have to stop. So, I called his number one day and said, 'Hi, this is John McDermott calling from Bell Canada, and I'm calling to see if you're interested in having Caller ID added to your account?".

He yelled 'NO!' and slammed down the phone. So, I called him back and said, "That's because you're an asshole!' and hung up.

One day I was at Home Depot, getting ready to pull into a parking spot and some wing-nut in a black BMW cut me off and pulled into the spot I had patiently waited for. I hit the horn and yelled that I'd been waiting for that spot, but the idiot ignored me. Then I noticed a 'For Sale ' sign in his back window, so I wrote down his number.

A couple of days later, right after calling the first asshole (I had his number on speed dial by this time) I thought that I'd better call the BMW asshole, too.

I said, 'Is this the man with the black BMW for sale?' He said, 'Yes, it is.' So I asked, 'Can you tell me where I can see it?' He said, 'Sure, I live at 34 Oaktree Blvd, in North York. It's a yellow ranch style house and the car's parked right out in front.'

I asked, 'What's your name?'. He said, 'My name is Don Hansen.' I asked, 'When's a good time to catch you, Don?'. He said, 'I'm home every evening after five.' I said, 'Listen, Don, can I tell you something?'. He said, 'Yes?'. I said, 'Don, you're an asshole!' Then I hung up and added his number to my speed dial, too.

Now, whenever I was having a bad day and needed an outlet, I had two assholes to call.

Then I came up with an idea...I called asshole #1. He said, 'Hello'. I said, 'You're an asshole!' (But I didn't hang up.). He asked, 'Are you still there?'. I said, 'Yeah!'. He screamed, 'Stop calling me!'. I said, 'Make me.'

He asked, 'Who are you?'. I said, 'My name is Don Hansen.' He said, 'Yeah? Where do you live?' I said, 'Asshole, I live at 34 Oak Tree Blvd, in North York, it's a yellow ranch style home with a black BMW parked in the driveway.'

He said, 'I'm coming over right now, Don. And you had better start saying your prayers.'. I said, 'Yeah, like I'm really scared, asshole,' And hung up on him.

Then I called Asshole #2. He said, 'Hello?'. I said, 'Hello, asshole,'. He yelled, 'If I ever find out who you are...'. I said, 'You'll what?'. He said that he'd kick my ass. Great.

I answered, 'Well, asshole, here's your chance, 'cause I'm coming over right now.'. Then I hung up and called the York Regional Police from a pay phone at the corner saying that I was on my way over to 34 Oak Tree Blvd, in North York to kill my gay lover.

Then I called Channel 3 News about the gang war going down at OakTree Blvd in North York. I got into my truck and headed over to North York and arrived just in time to watch two assholes beating the crap out of each other in front of six cop cars, an overhead news helicopter and surrounded by a news crew.

Anger management works.

Last edited:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Not sure but could never do that to any one no matter what .I was brought up to believe that there is some good in every one and that if I cause a problem it must be me that should learn from it .

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
ha ha ha, that's very funny and I must admit that I never would have the courage to do that. Not sure how I would have handled that... I think I would have exploded on the phone and hung up and that would be that. I tend to blow up quick and then its all over and I forget about it even quicker.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Ha! Very funny. I used to have actual rage against telephone marketers back in the day. When caller ID became available, life was so much better. When one of those "unknown" numbers would come up I would hand the phone off to one of my kids - the older ones were taught to say "no, sorry. You can't talk to my daddy - he's dead" and the youngest just liked having someone to chat with on the phone!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Sometimes it's cheaper than therapy to go pro-active on some of those people. Truth be told, I feel sorry for them because it can't be any fun to be angry all the time.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
When you occasionally have a really bad day and you just need to take it out on someone, don't take it out on someone you know, take it out on someone you don't know (but you know deserves it).

I was sitting at my desk at home one day when I remembered a phone call I'd forgotten to make. I found the number and dialed it. A man answered, saying 'Hello..' I politely asked if I could speak with Robyn Carter.

He freaked out, and yelled at me "Get the right f***ing number!' and the phone was slammed down on me. I couldn't believe that anyone could be so rude. When I tracked down Robyn's correct number to call her, I found that I had accidentally transposed the last two digits of her phone number. Easy mistake.

After having spoken with her I decided to call the 'wrong' number again. When the same guy answered the phone, I yelled 'You're an asshole!' and hung up on him. Then I wrote his number down with the word 'Asshole' next to it, and put it in my desk drawer.

Every couple of weeks, when I was paying bills or having a bad day, I'd call him up and yell, 'You're an asshole!' then hang up on him. It always cheered me up. But when Caller ID was introduced, I thought my therapeutic 'asshole' calling would have to stop. So, I called his number one day and said, 'Hi, this is John McDermott calling from Bell Canada, and I'm calling to see if you're interested in having Caller ID added to your account?".

He yelled 'NO!' and slammed down the phone. So, I called him back and said, "That's because you're an asshole!' and hung up.

One day I was at Home Depot, getting ready to pull into a parking spot and some wing-nut in a black BMW cut me off and pulled into the spot I had patiently waited for. I hit the horn and yelled that I'd been waiting for that spot, but the idiot ignored me. Then I noticed a 'For Sale ' sign in his back window, so I wrote down his number.

A couple of days later, right after calling the first asshole (I had his number on speed dial by this time) I thought that I'd better call the BMW asshole, too.

I said, 'Is this the man with the black BMW for sale?' He said, 'Yes, it is.' So I asked, 'Can you tell me where I can see it?' He said, 'Sure, I live at 34 Oaktree Blvd, in North York. It's a yellow ranch style house and the car's parked right out in front.'

I asked, 'What's your name?'. He said, 'My name is Don Hansen.' I asked, 'When's a good time to catch you, Don?'. He said, 'I'm home every evening after five.' I said, 'Listen, Don, can I tell you something?'. He said, 'Yes?'. I said, 'Don, you're an asshole!' Then I hung up and added his number to my speed dial, too.

Now, whenever I was having a bad day and needed an outlet, I had two assholes to call.

Then I came up with an idea...I called asshole #1. He said, 'Hello'. I said, 'You're an asshole!' (But I didn't hang up.). He asked, 'Are you still there?'. I said, 'Yeah!'. He screamed, 'Stop calling me!'. I said, 'Make me.'

He asked, 'Who are you?'. I said, 'My name is Don Hansen.' He said, 'Yeah? Where do you live?' I said, 'Asshole, I live at 34 Oak Tree Blvd, in North York, it's a yellow ranch style home with a black BMW parked in the driveway.'

He said, 'I'm coming over right now, Don. And you had better start saying your prayers.'. I said, 'Yeah, like I'm really scared, asshole,' And hung up on him.

Then I called Asshole #2. He said, 'Hello?'. I said, 'Hello, asshole,'. He yelled, 'If I ever find out who you are...'. I said, 'You'll what?'. He said that he'd kick my ass. Great.

I answered, 'Well, asshole, here's your chance, 'cause I'm coming over right now.'. Then I hung up and called the York Regional Police from a pay phone at the corner saying that I was on my way over to 34 Oak Tree Blvd, in North York to kill my gay lover.

Then I called Channel 3 News about the gang war going down at OakTree Blvd in North York. I got into my truck and headed over to North York and arrived just in time to watch two assholes beating the crap out of each other in front of six cop cars, an overhead news helicopter and surrounded by a news crew.

Anger management works.

My two cents...

You should learn to forgive, they may have just had a bad day or week. Water broke, mother died, lost a job, etc etc...

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
At least the telemarketers are trying to earn a living, but I do not listen to them, usually say no and hang up. A lot of them won't even stop long enough to hear the no.
Love cell phones, we have protection on them that also allows you to block numbers, so every call that we do not want to have happen again, we block the number.

Ask a Question