Another benefit of bogs...

JRS

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Then she convinced phage scientists around the country to hunt and peck through molecular haystacks of sewage, bogs, ponds, the bilge of boats and other prime breeding grounds for bacteria and their viral opponents. The impossible goal: quickly find the few, exquisitely unique phages capable of fighting a specific strain of antibiotic-resistant bacteria literally eating her husband alive.

From this article: https://www.channel3000.com/i/she-s...ent-after-all-antibiotics-failed/pic/4450340/

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Amazing!

Should also be reassuring to people who fear getting into their pond because of the natural bacteria that lives in it. Nature will keep things in balance.

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Think the problem with many nowadays is the keep themselves and surroundings too sterile, kids don’t go out and play in the dirt, ponds, etc., but stay inside play8ng video games and when they do go out sanitize themselves when they are done, so their immune systems aren’t built up over time.

I grew up in the dirt, mud, rivers, woods around Maryland, got mud, river water in my hair, mouth, literally everywhere. I rarely get sick and when I do it goes away quickly, cuts and such have never had them get infected and heal quickly, imo it’s because I grew up exposed to all kinds of bacteria, germs, etc. To each their own I suppose though.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lmao we ate dirt as kids, what does this taste like........................ We never were inside, never did the anti bacterial scrub of everything. I, also, hardly ever get a cold or sick.

Ask a Question