Another design question

Reaction score
Country
United States
I know where the bog and waterfall enter the pond should be as far from the intake bay as possible.
My waterfall will enter from the opposite end of the intake bay. But I really can't get the bog to empty back in the same end.
Would it cause problems to have the bog enter mid way into the pond? I would think the waterfall would provide enough mixing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
The value of having the waterfall opposite the skimmer is that they work in tandem. The waterfall pushes floating debris to the other end as the skimmer pulls it. Makes your skimmer more effective.

There is not a problem dropping another source of water somewhere else in the pond. In fact, if you plan it right, you can dump it where you expect a dead spot to be (lack of current) to help add current and circulation at that spot and push debris back into the path of the skimmer.

Also, it is not critical to have waterfall/skimmer at separate ends of pond if design is done right. Check out @GBBUDD's pond. His waterfall is very close to his skimmer, but he designed his pond to be round with the waterfall and skimmer sitting at angles that create a vortex in the pond so that debris circles and ends up at the skimmer regardless where it falls.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 4
I have this type of arrangement I have a stream coming from one side and I try to aim it near tangent to the pond. The bog enters from the top in a similar fashion. The result is the surface water spins and brings everything to the skimmer.

1622472651222.png

Ask a Question