Another first for Bettas

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Oh silly bugger :eek: I didnt add the link anyways thanx Maria I must say your bettas do get around a bit dont they :LOL:
Mind it wont be the first time fish have been kept in the Military , way back in 79 we had two godfish that lived in a bowl suspended from the deckhead in the Quatermasters mess named Bill and Ben after the flower pot men , they had been won at the fair so we decided to take them globe trotting with us all :happy:.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flower_Pot_Men#Original_series

Sadly though I'm unsure what happened to them as they were the mess fish looked after by us all and I left the ship in 1980 but no doubt they were taken home by one of the lads
Big kids "who us", there was a childrens program called Tiswas ,that had Russia had invaded any saturday of the month we would have lost hands down as nothing happened until Tiswas finished

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiswas

Now you see the mentality of a military man the and after reading the story about it you can see that this mentality is alive and well still God bless US Paratroop's for happy memorys .
Of course I'm wondering if the Betta was given his Parachute badge at the end of this , mind you I wonder what the thoughts of the Betta where all the way down ?
:jawdrop: "OH SH******************************************************T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"........ all the way down to earth and its thoughts afterwards :censored:

Dave

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
How many pints did you have Dave?
Tea total nowadays Big Lou I may imbibe Christmas NewYear but only 3 or 4 drinks nothing more mind in saying that, I am partial to the brown Bacardi and Pepsi cola I fel in love with State side as a young sailor but that's when I can lay my hands on a bottle:(
I have two maturing in the shed both about two years old since I bought them one is half full the other full :happy:

Dave

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I think that was pretty cool him taking his fish w/him. Didn't hurt anything and he has made his 15 mins of fame and the fish too :)

Ask a Question