another leaking waterfall thread

Reaction score
a spider seriously?
well my leak is not fixed in fact may be worse now. the water has changed course down the waterfall, and going behind the rocks argghh
do people foam each and every rock? seems silly with rubber below the rock but this is getting old..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I foamed almost every rock in mine. I have more then enough liner and overlap that the water even though going beneath the rocks was still going back into my pond, so not a leak, imo. But the water was completely disappearing so it wasn't much of a waterfall until I foamed everything.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Have you looked at the ground all around your pond if it is really wet in an area that would be where you start .Does your liner overlap anywhere .Could it be coming from the filter or even a hose from your pump .I had a pin hole in one hose that got bigger and it must have been there when I bought the hose and I did not notice it .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I noticed on the right side and left side of the fall areas from each pond the rock wall block looks wet .Even that little bit of wetness could be water lose .I can see you liner on one side stick out of one of the water falls from the pond .Look closely at those areas,If those pieces of liner sticking out are wet then it is wicking out along those pieces of liner on each fall

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I've never used any goop on my falls but then I took liner and put it under my falls and lifted the edges of the liner up over rocks so if any leaks ever did happen the water would all roll right into the pond anyways...........no fuss no muss!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Did you notice the wet block wall next to the pics with the liner jw or is it me .Could the water be wicking up the liner onto the block in all those spots .At each side of each fall where the liner is showing

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I dunno sissy, I can't tell............they would have to go out and look real close and check it all out. Water can do strange things and end up where least expected, that's why I covered my arse and put liner under mine.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I wonder if they could put batting or something around there and see if it gets wet .Reason I say that is because my one filter did that and i kept loosing water and I noticed retaining wall block was wet and realized that was my problem and there they may have a lot of lose from all those areas .Not sure which of these may show but this is the old waterfall and then changed it out

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
a spider seriously?
well my leak is not fixed in fact may be worse now. the water has changed course down the waterfall, and going behind the rocks argghh
do people foam each and every rock? seems silly with rubber below the rock but this is getting old..

a spider for sure, I was trying to see why I all of sudden had a leak from my deck pond, small waterfall. There was this white tightly woven spider nest, that very nicely redirected the water, not a lot, out of the pond.

My waterfalls and all rocks, have liner completely behind them so if there is a leak under or behind a rock it will stay in the pond. I use the foam just to make the water flow over the rocks instead of behind them, but both ways it is flowing in the pond not out due to the liner.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That's the only way to go IMO addy putting liner under everything. I don't have a stream or huge waterfall so I can get away w/o the foam. Like to change things around a bit too now and then w/ the rocks on the falls plus it is all built around the stainless steel filter/falls thingy hubby made so couldn't use the foam stuff or would never be able to get at it easy if needed to for some reason.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol jw, my rocks are where they are to stay, the ones in the lower part of the stream are large, heavy and I have no desire to rearrange them. The top pond is the only one I have torn apart and it was a pita with the foam.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
What'd you have to do,slice the foam to get it apart from the rocks?

Grab the rocks with both hands, twist yank and pull. It would finally break loose. I could have used a knife, but it was attached to the liner also, did not want to slice the liner. You know how it is with knives, if it can damage something it will.

Ask a Question